Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ed's Bike Shop

The Day have Finally Arrived!

This past Saturday I rode up to Ed's house and he popped on my new Shimano Ultegra 9 SP 12-25 rear cassette. I'm glad I didn't decide to try an do this myself because:

  1. I had none ot the right tools
  2. I am anxious about making any adjustments to the rear derailleur.

Chain Tool
Chain Tool, originally uploaded by Martinator.

Ed told me what this tool was called, but I forget its name. Eventually we used it correctly to help get the old cassette off.

Shiny new 12-25 Cassette
Shiny new 12-25 Cassette, originally uploaded by Martinator.

One less excuse on the climbs.

The old cassette came off and the new one went on. Ed put the bike back on the stand and made the necessary adjustments to the rear derailleur. The rear derailleur is a bit stretched out when the chain is in the biggest gears (up front and in back) but it will suffice for now.

I will though, eventually need to get a new chain. I should probably get one before the big PMC ride.

BTW: Thanks Ed! :-)


0 comments: