Friday, October 10, 2008

To Blackstone and Back

Bonus Day of Riding

This weekend is a big release weekend and I have to go in on Saturday. So in order to rest up, my manager let us have a half day today. I took advantage and went for a ride.

Wild Turkeys!

I headed out not really knowing where or how long I was going to ride for. I knew I wanted to go "west-ish". I toyed with the idea of heading out to Southwick Zoo, but I wanted to be home at a reasonable time. Anyway, as I was riding on Cross Street in Bellingham, I came upon a bunch of Wild Turkeys.


Wild Turkeys. Probably finding refuge in the U.S. this Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend...

Blackstone

I eventually decided to keep the ride relatively short (26 miles it turns out) and when I got to East Blackstone, I kept right on to Elm Street. I had never ridden on that street as I usually head further west at that point. With the exception of the gigantic quarry, it was very scenic.


Nice scenery along Elm St in Blackstone.

Nice Day

It was pretty much perfect weather, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to take advantage of it.


The foliage along High Street in Bellingham.

Bike Shop Afternoon...

When I got back I gave my bike a good cleaning. I washed it to get all the dirt and grime off of it. I also cleaned the chain as it was overdue.

While I was at it I also washed my daughters bike. I figured her chain could stand to be cleaned, however that was tougher than expected. My Park Tool Cyclone Chain Cleaner was difficult to fit around the chain on a bike that small. Eventually I just left the top off and was still able to get het chain pretty clean.


It was difficult fitting a chain cleaner tool around the chain on my daughter's bike.


0 comments: