Sunday, October 26, 2008

Late October Ride

Nice Day

It is late October and it is Sunny and in the 60's. I did not even have to think about layering today. I was fortunate enough to get most of my chores done yesterday and this morning, so after church (and lunch) I headed out for a short ride.

I only went 16 miles. that was because I really wasn't paying attention to the route and I thought I was further from home than I actually was. I'm not too familiar with the loops north of my house. I do know the roads, but I don't have a sense of how long some of the routes along those roads are. Oh well, I got back in time for the second half of the Pats game.

Lost and Found

I found a brand new, stuffed dolphin in the road. I had just crossed over onto Himmelfarb in Millis when I came across it. I turned around, documented the find (took a picture) and brought it home for my youngest daughter.


Found on Himmelfarb in Millis.

Memorial

I often ride on Miller St. in Norfolk on my way back. It is scenic as it passes through a conversation area. however today it was a little different because I knew that there would be a road side memorial set up for Taylor Meyer of Plainville who's body was recently found.


One of two memorials set up along the bridge on Miller St. which was covered with condolences.

I didn't know her or her family. I couldn't help but think of my own two daughters (7 and 3). I can't imagine how this family much feel to lose their daughter in such a tragic and needless way. You can only protect them so much...

Ed

I saw Ed mowing his lawn as I passed by his house. He said he was going to try and get out for a ride later in the afternoon. I winder if he did. It was a really nice day to get out.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

got out for a total of 34 miles
- 17 miles on saturday
- 17 miles on Sunday

ET

Glenn_in_MA said...

Cool blog Martin!!

No cold weather riding yet?

I gave your blog a shout out on my new blog...hope you don't mind...please check it out (http://therapyon2wheels.blogspot.com)

Keep up the great work! Perhaps I'll recognize one of your riding jerseys out by the Diamond Hill reservoir when the warmer weather returns.

Martinator said...

Well, we've had cold weather riding already. I've got the nice shiny road bike in the basement now on the trainer. It is too shiny for winter riding.

I may try to get more mountain biking in this winter, or work on getting my 1982 Schwinn Varsity in some kind of ridable shape. I may convert it into a single speed, but that is a lot of time and effort to make that happen.

I will look forward to following your riding exploits on you blog :-)