Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Morning Group Ride

Another Chilly Morning

The weather forecast called for Sunny skies and temps in the mid 60's during the day. However I had plans during the day, so my only shot of getting a ride in was during the morning. It was chilly in the morning as you can see from the picture below. Time to gear up.


Another Chilly Morning.

Group Ride

I met up with a group of local riders at 7:30 am. I had ridden with this group once before and got smoked. However I won't get faster if I avoid riding with fast riders.

Climbing...

I hung on to the group for the most part. I mostly got dropped on the climbs. One for the riders was talking about their cycling trip to Portugal and about the serious climbs he did there (not to mention serious food and wine consumption). They very very patient with me and I think they only had to wait for me 3 or 4 times.

At one point I wanted to cut the ride short and drop from the group. I felt like I was holding them back. I'm glad I didn't.


Bill, Tom, and Ed during a more relaxed section discussion the riding, food, and wine in Portugal.

The ride was a hilly ride consisting of just over 2,000" of elevation gain over ~35 miles. Definitely a good workout.

Home Just in Time...

I got home just in time to take a quick shower and take my oldest daughter to her soccer practice.


0 comments: