Sunday, May 25, 2008

To Dover and Back

To Dover and Back via Sherborn

Today I rode north-northeast towards Dover via Millis and Sherborn. A lot of nice , quiet, shady roads. It was a really nice day for a ride and I saw a number of other riders out there of all sorts.

What are the odds?

What are the odds of coming up on another rider when out for a ride. Pretty slim since things have to work out just right at given speeds, timing, and general direction. Add to that, that when you do come up on another rider, that you actually know them. Add to that, they are a neighbor that lives only a few doors down the road. That is how I ran into Paul on West Street in Medfield. We chatted and I rode with him all the way home along the route he was doing. That is my my route map looks kind of meandering.


This is my neighbor, Paul, who lives just up the street.


0 comments: