Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hudson River Recovery Ride

A Recovery Ride Along the Hudson

Post PMC Ride

After the PMC, I headed down to NJ. My step-father, Rod, was having a cancerous Kidney removed and I wanted to be there for him. I of course brought my bike.

My friend, Mike, took me for a nice leisurely ride on a beautiful sunny Friday along the NJ side of the Hudson. He is a civil engineer that is heavily involved in creating bike friendly roads and routes. He wanted to preview this ride for an "on bike" tour he was going to give. We biked from a park next to the George Washington Bridge all the way down to the PATH trains in Hoboken (and back).


Upper Greenwood Lake Lollipop Route

I was also able to sneak in a quick 18 mile ride from Highland Lakes, NJ out to and around Upper Greenwood Lake and back.

It was fun!


0 comments: