Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The 2009 Pan Mass Challenge

This past August 1st & 2nd I participated in the 2009 Pan Mass Challenge (PMC) for the first time. I, along with 5,000 other riders, rode 187 miles over 2 days as part of an effort to raise money for cancer research. So far, I have risen just over $3,000.

100% of rider raised funds goes straight into the Jimmy Fund, where it goes to support research and treatment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

It has been quite a journey for me as I have learned from so many people how cancer has touched their lives. Then in June, it became real personal.

Right before this years ride, my Step-Father, Rod, was diagnosed with Renal Cancer. On August 6th he went in to have his kidney removed. Thankfully the cancer was contained and hopefully that will be that.

If you would like to sponsor my ride, you can do so directly on my PMC Profile page [http://www.pmc.org/MM0373], where I wrote about a classmate of mine from high school who battled with cancer. Or you can go directly to the following secure eGift link: http://www.pmc.org/egifts/MM0373

You can also write a check made out to “Pan Mass Challenge” and mail it to me:

Martin Middelmann
257 Daniels St.
Franklin, MA 02038

0 comments: