Friday, January 9, 2009

On the Trainer For the 3rd Time This Week!

Week 1, done :-)

Yup, I successfully got up on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning at 4:40 AM and did an hour long work-out on my bike trainer. Believe it or not, I never set the alarm for that time.

Things I Noticed While on the Trainer

Here are some things I noticed while on the trainer:

  • The magnets in my bike trainer's resistance mechanism are noisy at times. So far I've been fixing that by pedaling faster. Probably could use a couple drops of oil.
  • My rear derailleur needs to be adjusted. I actually noticed that back in the fall and I have never done anything about it.
  • One sweats a lot on a bike trainer. My breathable t-shirts are usually soaked through at the end of the hour.

So far I've been feeling pretty good at the end of each workout. I imagine I will be upping the resistance level on my bike trainer as I train more.

Now the true test will be whether I get up at 4:40 AM next Monday and get on the trainer. Certain people seem to think that I won't last past the first week ;-)

0 comments: