Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hopkinton State Park

Another Nice Day

What a bonus! Two nice days in one weekend. Today I decided to head north/north-west. Route 495 makes plotting north-westerly routes problematic. Anyway, I figured I'd ride up to Hopkinton State Park and back. Tomorrow's the day of the Marathon, so i thought it would be fun to pass through and the day before. nothing to see really but a bunch of gates prepositioned for the runner's corrals.

Rt 85 Descent

The descent from the center of Hopkinton to the State Park was, well, fast. It was fun to go that fast, and a bit scary also. I try not to make a habit of it going almost 45 M.P.H. Mistakes at those speeds are costly to say the least.

Another Slow Day...

I only averaged 14.6 m.p.h. for this ride. I know it is still early in the season, the ride had its share of climbs, and my goal wasn't for speed (yet), but still, 14.6? Well, at least I didn't feel like I was going to cramp up. And I actually felt pretty good riding today, so I guess speed isn't everything.

0 comments: