Saturday, August 25, 2007

To West Holliston and Back...

It's Hot Again

It was a hot one today and I didn't get out until around mid-day. so I decided to take it a bit easy. I headed north to Holliston without any plan. When I got back to Franklin I had only put on about 15 or so miles. I wanted to put in at least 20 so I continued south towards downtown.

Soldier's Funeral

When I reached downtown Franklin all the main streets were closed off for the funeral of a local soldier who had died fighting in Iraq. It was quite impressive seeing the streets lined with hundreds of people bearing American flags all along the route from the Church to the Cemetery. I wish we could do more to honor and support the fighting men who are serving this country aside from throwing a magnetic sticker on the back of our cars...

0 comments: