Saturday, August 18, 2007

To Chemewa and Back

Nice Day for a ride...

Tomorrow I plan on going on the Naragansett Bay Wheelman's South Shore Century ride. But today was such an irresistible day to ride, that I just couldn't pass it up. I figured that I might go out for a couple of hours and take it easy. Maybe push south towards the Chemewa Golf Course in North Attleboro. My neighbor likes to golf there and I like to tweak him a bit and say "Oh yeah, I bike down there sometimes..." Heh. When he drives there he takes 495 to 95 to 295 to Route 1 and is about 24-25 miles. I shave off 10 miles easy going the back roads on my bike.


Chemewa Golf Course

Taking it easy... Not!

Well, just under 35 miles and a little over 2 hours later, I pull into my driveway with a solo ride average of 17.1 mph. I'm not a racer, so that is fast for me when I am not drafting anybody. I hope I didn't ruin myself for tomorrow's Century.

Last year, when I did my first Century, it was on the second day of a 3-day 250 mile ride in NJ. The first day was 85 miles in the hilliest part of NJ, where the foothills of the Appalachians are and where Edison had a his mining companies. I got bursitis on Day 1 and kept riding. Compared to that, I feel more confidant about tomorrow :-)

0 comments: