Saturday, June 16, 2007

Upper Charles River Trail: Milford Grand Opening

Today I took the family to the brand new "Rail Trail" that opened up in Milford. The first phase of the Milford Trail is the first portion of the Upper Charles River Trail to be completed. When completed this will be a 25 mile loop going through Milford, Hopkinton, Ashland, Sherborn, and Holliston.

It was nice to find a place where I can take my 5 1/2 year old daugher for a bike ride (other than the cul-de-sac in the neighborhood behind us...).

She put in 2.5 miles on her 16" Specialized HotRock. :-) To gain some level of excercise for myself, I made sure to have my MTN bike in the lowest gear and never upshift. Level the field so to speak. It was fun and we turned around at the right point so that Catherine started getting tired just as we got back.

Trail Related Links:

Photo-MoBlog entries for this ride:

And yes... I had my Garmin eTrex Legend and I did track the ride... I just had to :-)

0 comments: