Tuesday, April 6, 2010

First Warm, Spring Ride

Rusty Legs, Squeaky Chain, and Brand New Bike Pants

Saturday was the first real warm weekend day we've had this year. I was able to get in an 18 mile ride before our visitors showed up for Easter. I needed to preemptively burn some calories for the feasting we were about to do.

This being only my second ride of the season, my legs were a little rusty. However at this point of the year, it is all about logging miles and staying in the small ring.

I should have cleaned the chain before I headed out. It was squeaking. I should have taken better care of my bike this past winter. Usually I give it a good cleaning over the winter. I didn't this year.

My rear derailleur was also acting up. It had started doing this last fall, but I never took it to the shop. The winter is the best time to take it in but I never did.

Last fall, while at my local bike shop, I was walking out when out of the corner of my eye I saw a pair of Cannondale Chrono 8 Panel Bib Shorts hanging on the clearance rack, for half price. They were in my size! I grabbed them and headed back to the cash register. Saturday was the first opportunity I've had to wear them.

For a cyclist, nothing says comfort like a brand new pair of cycling shorts :-)



0 comments: