Saturday, August 2, 2008

Checking out the PMC...

PMC Day

Today was the Pan Mass Challenge. I rode over to check it out. I headed out and hooked up with it right near the Bellingham/Mendon border. Then I tagged along until the Franklin water stop, where friend/neighbor/fellow-rider Ed was volunteering.

Celebrity Run In

While I was wandering around looking for Ed I saw somebody else I recognized. I listen to the Hillman Morning Show on WAAF and I know that "LB" does the PMC. I saw this guy that looked a lot like LB, so I followed him to his bike and saw by the name on the PMC reg tag that it was indeed LB. I said hi and stuff, and he areed to pose for a quick picture with me :-)

LB
LB, originally uploaded by Martinator.

Lyndon Byers from WAAF's Hillman Morning Show. And me :-)

Where's Ed

I wandered around some more looking for Ed before I gave up. I saw his car, but no Ed. There were a few hundred people here and I guessed I just wouldn't be able to find him in the crowd.

Lots, and lots of riders...
Franklin PMC Waterstop, originally uploaded by Martinator.

The Crowd at the Franklin PMC Water Stop

So I headed out to ride some more before turning back home. Then, right in front of me I see Ed directing traffic.

Ed Directing PMC Traffic
Ed Directing PMC Traffic, originally uploaded by Martinator.

He was very busy and there were no opportunities to chat. I didn't want to be a distraction so after a while I headed out.

The weather was perfect for riding this morning and I'm glad I got to see the PMC up close. Maybe next year I'll register and do the entire thing.


0 comments: