Saturday, July 28, 2007

To Medfield, Walpole, and back...

Last Ride Before Alabama

I'm glad I was able to get a ride in before I had to pack up my bike for my trip to Fairhope, Alabama. I'll be there for a week and I don't often get a full week of unstructured time. A perfectly good reason to bring the bike.

Rain in Forecast...

The weather reports called for rain and thunderstorms in the forecast. However, judging by the radar patterns, it was mostly west and north. So I decided to ride east in order to increase my chances of staying dry.

The First Half Mile

The first half mile of most of my bike ride I usually circle back through the neighbor hood behind me. I like to do this just to make sure that there is nothing unexpected going on with the bike. It also put me near the top of a hill which is always a good starting point. Today I discovered that my neighbor who abuts the back of my property had a lemonade stand set up. I stopped, chatted, and made a point to swing by at the end of my ride. The frozen lemonade was a nice treat :-)


Lemonade Stand

Rhododendrons

I rode along Causeway Street in Millis/Medfield. It passes through the Rhododendron Reservation in Medfield. They appear to be in bloom.


Rhododendrons in Medfield...


More Rhododendrons in Medfield...

Thunder...

Near the end of my ride I heard thunder. I checked the radar on my phone (Mobile My-Cast) and saw some rain just to the west, but no "orange". I was in Norfolk on Fruit Street.

As I was doing this, another biker had just caught up to me and I mentioned it to him. His name was Scott and he lived nearby in Norfolk. I think he was near the beginning of his ride. He has a MS-150 Jersey on. He decided to head home. We rode together for a few miles as we were going in the same direction. Maybe I'll see him again as he lived really close by.

I must have just missed the rain because as I rode closer to Franklin (on Medway St.) the roads were freshly wet. They were wet all the way home, but I never saw any rain. Ominous clouds, yes. Rain, no.

0 comments: